About an hour or so above Berlin in the middle of nowhere (local population about 30!) stands this Soviet Base that once held nuclear warheads that were ready to be pointed westwards! In 1959 the warheads were stored in bunkers while the missiles themselves were in large hangers nearby. They were removed back to Russia within the year and the bunkers that they were stored in were then used for ammunition and explosives untill the Soviets finally left in 1994. The base is one of the smaller ones visited on our travels "in the east" but one of the more interesting given its history, the bunkers and the very strange 1989 bar complete with a picture of Erich Honecker!!